The quickest way to get dinner on the table is to stir-fry it! Brown the meat (or chicken or shrimp) in a really hot skillet. Transfer it to a plate, and then throw in the veggies. A quick sauté will get them crispy. Then drizzle in the sauce and add the meat back in! Dinner in a flash has never tasted so good than with this delicious Fresh Corn and Asparagus Beef Stir-Fry.
Season the beef with lots of salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to fully combine.
Chic Note: I used a boneless beef sirloin for this, but feel free to use whichever cut of beef you like! Or switch it up for boneless skinless chicken breast, or even shrimp!
Sear the beef quickly in a very hot skillet, set over high heat, with a little bit of vegetable oil. Brown on both sides, and transfer to a plate. You might have to do this in batches so you don’t steam the beef.
Once the onions and garlic have cooked for a bit and are beginning to brown, add in the fresh corn (cut off the cob) and the sliced asparagus.
Chic Tip: If you can’t find fresh asparagus, try swapping it out for fresh green beans that have but cut in half!
While the veggies cook, make the quick sauce.
Throw the sauce into the skillet with the veggies, along with the browned beef. Stir everything together and cook for a few minutes to thicken the sauce. It will absorb into the veggies and beef.
Serve your stir-fry with a side of fluffy white rice, or couscous, quinoa, brown rice, or even just a green salad (if you want to be super duper healthy). I love white rice, so I couldn’t resist.
Fresh Corn and Asparagus Beef-Stir Fry is going to be your new favorite dinner recipe. I’m giving you that warning now, because it’s that delicious. The great thing about it, is that it’s made with fresh seasonal veggies which you can swap out if something else is looking great in the produce aisle. Whip up a batch any night of the week for a quick and satisfying dinner!
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin, cut into strips
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 brown onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 ears of corn, kernels removed from cob
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Heat a skillet over high heat, add in the oil.
- Season the beef with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Toss to evenly combine. Sear the beef strips in batches, browning it on both sides. Transfer to a plate and continue to cook the remaining pieces.
- Once all of the beef has been cooked, add the onions and garlic and sauté for a few minutes, or until soft. Add the corn and asparagus and cook for another 5 minutes. In the meantime, whisk together the beef stock, soy sauce, and cornstarch until fully dissolved.
- Add the sauce to the veggies, and the browned beef. Stick and cook until the sauce has thicken and somewhat absorbed. Serve with white rice or couscous. Enjoy!