I am a child of the 80’s y’all. When I grew up the only “featured beverage” came in a giant glass bowl set up on the dessert table. Those drinks were so sweet they made your head spin and I loved every single sip. Am I the only who looks forward to punch during parties? No way!
And since our church punch recipe is always such a crowd pleaser I thought it would be fun to make some Christmas punch. That’s right, get your red and green on with some fun and festive flavors!
Start by prepping the lime sherbet a few hours ahead or overnight. Scooping them out onto a baking sheet beforehand, ensures that the scoops of sherbet are fully frozen and wont melt too fast in the punch.
In a large punch bowl, combine the cherry juice, thawed fruit punch concentrate and two bottles of ginger ale.
Stir it all together and then add the fresh cranberries. These are mostly for color.
Make sure that all of the components are chilled before you begin making the punch.
Once you’re ready to start serving the punch, that’s when you drop in the sherbet scoops.
Drop in a ladle and let your guests help themselves.
If you want to make this for an adult party, try adding a few splash of vodka or gin.
- 2 cups pure black cherry juice
- 1 can frozen fruit punch concentrate, thawed
- 2 (2 liter) bottles ginger ale
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 12 to 16 scoops lime sherbet
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Scoop out the lime sherbet onto the baking sheet and then freeze for at least 1 hour or overnight.
- In a large punch bowl, combine the cherry juice, fruit punch concentrate, and ginger ale. Stir in the cranberries.
- Right before serving, drop in the lime sherbet scoops. Serve immedatiely.