One of you readers recently asked me if I had a recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Soup and it reminded me of this recipe my mom used to make for us when we were little. I always thought of it as Cheaters Chicken Soup because she cheated the recipe by adding some Cream of Chicken Soup to make it creamy. Regardless of whether or not it is cheating, this recipe is SO good! Give it a try this winter and let me know what you think! ~Rachel
Basically you’re going to throw all of your ingredients (except the egg noodles) into the slow cooker and let it simmer all day.
I use a pre-cooked rotisserie chicken from the store and then my only real job is to chop up the veggies.
Now you just need to add the chicken stock and the cream of chicken soup.
I use a fork (or my hands) to get the meat off the chicken and toss that into the pot. Add salt and pepper to taste, stir and then leave to simmer in your slow cooker for as long as you like but at least 3 hours on low (or 1.5 on high) to make sure your veggies cook.
About 15-20 minutes before you’re ready to eat add you egg noodles and cook until their finished. Garnish your slow cooker chicken soup with parsley or (my personal favorite) crackers!
- Pre-Cooked Rotisserie Chicken - Deboned and Shredded
- 2 Cans of Cream of Chicken Soup
- 6 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 4 Stalks of Celery - Chopped
- 2 Carrots - Chopped
- 1 x 16oz Package of Egg Noodles
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- Parsley for Garnish
- Add everything to slow cooker EXCEPT the egg noodles.
- Add Salt and Pepper to Taste - Stir it all together
- Cook for a minimum of 3 Hours on Low or 1.5 Hours on High.
- 20 minutes before you're ready to eat add your noodles and allow to cook all the way through.