Last week I shared my “graveyard parfaits” as part of my longtime obsession with cute Halloween desserts. This week? We’re doing Snail Cinnamon Rolls! These are the cutest thing ever and would make such a fun breakfast for you kids on Halloween morning. Watch the video to see how we made them and then scroll on for the steps. Want to create a Halloween dessert buffet to set these up on? Check out this post!
Pop open the cinnamon rolls, separate and then place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Find the end of each roll and pull it out away from the center to create a “head” for the snail. Then bake off according to package directions until golden brown.
Pour the icing (that comes with the cinnamon rolls) into a bowl and add a few drops of green food coloring. Stir until evenly colored. Pour into a sandwich bag with the end snipped off and then add a swirl of icing on top of each cooled cinnamon roll.
Make the snail’s eyes by pressing a mini chocolate chip into the side of a mini marshmallow. Once you have two, skewer with a toothpick and then place into the cinnamon rolls.
These snail cinnamon rolls make a great treat for your Halloween dinner or as a treat for kids on the day, before or after trick or treating.
You can bake off your snail cinnamon rolls the day before and then decorate with your kids on the day you plan on eating/serving them.
- 1 tube cinnamon rolls dough
- green food coloring
- 16 mini marshmallows
- 15 mini chocolate chips
- 16 toothpicks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Pop open the cinnamon roll tube and place them on the prepared baking sheet. Find the end of each and pull away from the center to create a "head" for the snail. Bake according to package directions until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely. Stir the icing that comes with the cinnamon rolls with a few drops of green food coloring and then transfer to a small sandwich bag. Snip the end off and then swirl a bit of icing onto each cinnamon roll.
- To create the eyes, press a mini chocolate chip onto the side of each mini marshmallow. Skewer them with a toothpick and then place two onto each cinnamon roll. Serve immediately.