4 Hairstyles To Do With Unwashed Hair
April 12th, 2017
As a woman living in the throws of adorable yet sleepless newborn baby world, I deeply relate to the struggle of waking up late and wanting nothing more than to give my right arm to hit the snooze button. How can I keep my extra ZZZ’s fantasy alive without looking like I just rolled out of bed you ask? The key is skipping the rinse and repeat cycle, instead substituting an effortlessly chic unwashed hairstyle. Here are four of my fav looks that trick the world into thinking that I woke up before the alarm.
LOW MESSY BUN
- -There’s a new kid on the block and much like the band, it’s also got the right stuff! The low messy bun is the cool little sister to the topknot. To execute the look, lightly comb your hair and tease the crown to add a little lift.
- -Lightly spray your root with dry shampoo (the key to keeping texture and lift)
- -Next gather together your hair into a loose, ponytail on the nape of your neck.
- -Using your other hand, twist the ponytail around itself to create a bun shape, secure with an elastic band and secure the pieces that fly out with pins. Tousle the hair on top, and leave out a few short pieces in front to frame your face.
THE CLASSIC MESSY BUN
- -This is the ultimate failsafe hairstyle for every woman on the go. Start with unwashed strands. The dirtier the better!
- -The trick that I often use is adding an extra clip-on hairpiece to add a little extra volume to my bun, perfect for ladies with shorter hair like me.
- -Pull together all of your hair and hold it straight up
- -Next, twist your hair down to a few inches above the crown (the closer to the crown the higher the topknot).
- -Wrap your hair around itself until it forms a loose bun, do this without looking in the mirror, I know it sounds crazy, but it works to achieve an effortless look.
- -Secure with a hair tie or pin in place with bobby pins. The key is to have it loose but secure.–Give it a spritz with your favorite hairspray and you’re good to go!
LOOSE BANG BRAID
- -Braid three strands at the front of your head, do this twice.
- -Next, put the first and third strands together and use a new strand as a replacement each time you cycle through the braid pattern.
- -Keep repeating this process until you reach the back of your head. TIP: Put a little pomade on your fingertips to help keep your hair from slipping out of the braid, this also works to clean up flyaways when you’re done braiding.
- -Use a clear elastic band (available at any drug store), the key to this look; a regular elastic will be too large and bulky. Secure the braid with bobby pins. Another tip, bobby pins are meant to be used with the wavy side down (I know, I freaked when I found out too!).
- -Finish off with a spritz and let the compliments roll in!
FAIL SAFE BASEBALL CAP
- -In a jam, a baseball cap is now not only acceptable but encouraged, and it’s also an excellent way to support your favorite team too (go sports!), there are few finishing touches that are crucial to pulling off this look in public.
- -Prep your hair by giving it a little volume with some dry shampoo
- -Use a barrel iron to create some soft waves around your face. Once the curls have cooled down, combine through using your fingertips, and finish off with your favorite hairspray.
- –Pop on that cap and roll out!