Here at Chic HQ we love a one pot meal! Our one pot chicken and rice is the stuff of legends and we wanted to add to the arsenal. Up next? Fajita Pasta!! I got this idea from California Pizza Kitchen’s Tequila Lime Chicken Fettuccini, because my mom orders it every time we go! Our recipe is minus the tequila but full on the flavor. Also, if you really want to keep things healthy, just omit the cream in the last step. It’s a great meal that you can literally just throw into one pot and let it do it’s thing. Can’t wait to hear what y’all think!
This is a really easy recipe to make because you just throw everything into one pot. Add the dry spinach fettuccine noodles, sliced red, yellow and green bell peppers, red onion, garlic, jalapeño, seasoned chicken breast, butter, salt, pepper, lime juice and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, let the chicken cook through and allow the noodles to soften.
Once done, stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese. Taste and adjust seasonings accordingly, adding more salt or pepper as needed.
Serve the pasta for dinner with a side salad or roasted vegetables for a full and complete meal.
- 1 pound spinach fettuccine noodles
- 1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 purple onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese (optional)
- Add all of the ingredients (except for the heavy cream and parmesan. Cover, bring to a simmer and cook until the chicken has fully cooked through and the noodles have softened, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and parmesan cheese and serve immediately.