Am I the only one that sees the a post called Black Eyed Peas Dip and immediately starts humming Black Eyed Peas songs? I’ve had Where Is The Love stuck in my head for at least an hour… but I digress. Food Should Taste Good is the brand of all those delicious chips in cool flavors you’re always checking out at the market. So when they reached out and asked us to collaborate on some recipes I was like, A recipe to go with chips?! Hello! We are the dip capital of the internet! And they were like, Yeah, we know Rachel, that’s why we’re here.
So what’s up first? Black Eyed Peas Dip!! Because next week is New Year’s and Black Eyed Peas are a traditional dish for good luck… so why not add in some tasty ingredients and melted cheese and turn this New Year into something delicious!
Start by sauteing the onion and bell peppers together in a bit of butter or oil. Cook until soft.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo, black eyed peas, veggies, scallions, shredded cheese and salt and pepper.
Mix until evenly combined and then transfer to a oven-safe baking dish.
Bake until golden brown and bubbly around the edges and the cheese on top has melted.
Serve with Food Should Taste Good Tortilla Chips. The Sweet Potato Tortilla Chip flavor goes well with this dip, but one of the best things about this brand is they have so many awesome choices. Feel free to use whatever tortilla chips you like!
The Black Eyed Peas dip can be made a day or two in advance and then just pop into the oven to heat through right before serving.
Need the perfect drink to serve this with? Try my Beer Limeade Cocktails!
- 1 Bag of Food Should Taste Good Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips for Dipping
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 (8-ounce) block cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (14-ounce) cans black eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup sliced scallions
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar or Monterrey Jack
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease an 8 by 8 baking dish.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and bell peppers and cook until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, mayo, black eyed peas, half of the scallions, half of the shredded cheese, salt, pepper and sauteed veggies until well combined.
- Transfer to a baking dish, top with the remaining shredded cheese and bake until golden brown and bubbly, about 15 to 20 minutes. Remove from oven, garnish with remaining scallions and serve with chips.