Candy Cane Cocktail
December 15th, 2015
Y’all loved our Lava Flow Cocktail so much I thought we should make a holiday version. So I’m calling this one our Frozen Candy Cane Cocktail!! I know that people don’t typically reach for a frozen blended drink in the winter… and to that I say, why not?! You’re warm in your sweater, your fire is burning merrily in the hearth, why not bust out your blender and pretend you’re on vacation instead of dead in the middle of winter?
The candy cane cocktail makes a lovely addition to your holiday cocktail party or just a nice treat after a long day. Watch the video to see the steps and then scroll down for the recipe.
Start by crushing up a few candy canes in a sandwich bag.
Pour the candy cane crumbs into a small a small dish, and then squeeze fresh lemon juice into a separate dish.
Prepare your glasses by dipping the edges into the lemon juice and then into the crushed candy canes so that they stick to the glass.
Set the glasses off to the side and then make the two different layers for the drink.
In one blender pour frozen cranberries, peppermint schnapps or peppermint vodka, ice and cranberry (or raspberry/strawberry juice, for a sweet drink). In another blender (or the same one just rinsed off), pour the lemonade concentrate, club soda, and ice. Blend both until smooth.
Pour into the prepared glasses, alternating between the two, to create a layered candy cane look.
Serve you candy cane cocktail with a straw and a small candy cane garnish.
- 4 candy canes, crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 1 cup cranberry, raspberry or strawberry juice
- 2 ounces peppermint Schnapps or peppermint vodka
- 1 can frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- Pour the crushed candy canes into a small shallow dish, and the lemon juice into a separate shallow dish. Dip the cups upside down into the lemon juice and then into the crushed candy canes. Set the glasses to the side.
- In a blender, combine the frozen cranberries, cranberry (strawberry or raspberry) juice, peppermint schnapps or vodka and about two handfuls of ice. Blend until smooth. Pour into a pitcher and rinse out.
- Combine the ice and frozen lemonade concentrate in the blender until smooth. If you find it to be too thick add a splash of club water.
- Pour both mixtures into the glasses, one at a time, to create that layered candy cane look. Serve with a straw and a small candy cane for garnish.