Every year we throw a big holiday party… in our backyard.
That’s real. We host a hundred guests in fancy dresses and suits outside in December. I mean, yes, we live in Los Angeles but it sill gets cold guys. And since it gets cold every year we try and come up with a new and fun warm drink to serve our guests. This year’s featured beverage? Cranberry Orange Mulled Wine!
It’s like my favorite scone got turned into a cocktail! Doesn’t that just warm your heart? I know, me too! We’ve teamed up with Riunite wine to make this incredible cocktail for your holiday crowd.
Pour the wine into a large pot.
Place the spices in cheesecloth and create a bundle. Wrap it up and tie tightly with twine.
Drop the spice bundle into the red wine, along with the brandy, water, cranberries, orange peel and superfine sugar.
Set over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and then keep warm, stirring often until ready to serve.
Serve your cranberry orange mulled wine in mugs with a garnish of a cinnamon stick and orange slice. It’s delicious so make sure you drink responsibly… this means, try not to enjoy the whole pot by yourself.
You can also warm everything together in the slow cooker and keep warm until ready to serve.
- 2 (750 ml) Riuniti Red Wine Bottles
- 8 whole cloves
- 2 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon all-spice berries
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 8 strips fresh orange peel
- ½ cup brandy
- 1 ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (12 oz) bag fresh cranberries
- Place the cloves, peppercorns, all-spice, and cinnamon sticks on a few layers of cheesecloth. Wrap up and then tie the bundle with twine.
- In a large pot, combine the wine, orange peel, brandy, water, sugar, vanilla, and fresh cranberries. Bring to a boil, while stirring, and then lower the heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes, and then serve warm.
For more recipes visit www.Riunite.com and please drink responsibly.