Salads To Go
July 14th, 2015
Come on, admit it guys, these are basically the cutest Salads To Go you’ve ever seen in your whole life! Last year we made a recipe where we put our salads in plastic tumblers, which was great because it’s always nice to prep your lunch in advance. But then we thought what if you’re having a party? Or going to a picnic? What if you want to take a salads to go but can’t wash dishes later? Our answer was recyclable plastic cups and forks and a great recipe for kale and chicken salad. Consider our salads to go as the next great addition to your summer diet!
Combine the kale and broccoli slaw together in a large bowl.
Add in the remaining ingredients. You can decide what you’d like to add. We’re using chicken (rotisserie from the store), sunflower seeds, and dried cranberries!
Once you’ve combined everything together, divide the salad among 6 or 8 plastic cups with lids.
Seal each with their lid and then stick a plastic fork through the top where the straws usually go.
Place them in the fridge and just grab and go whenever you need a quick and healthy lunch!
These are perfect for backyard parties or outdoor picnics because they keep well and are convenient because of the forks! Consider making salads to go at the beginning of the week and then having them in the fridge for lunch at work!
- 4 cups fresh kale, shredded
- 2 cups broccoli slaw
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 4 to 8 tablespoons balsamic dressing
- 6 to 8 plastic cups with lids
- 6 to 8 plastic forks
- Toss all of the salad ingredients together in a large bowl. Divide among 6 to 8 plastic cups and seal with lids. Stick the forks through the straw openings at the top. Keep in fridge until ready to eat.