Recently, I was at dinner with my friend, Susanna. We ate way too much, as I tend to do whenever I’m with friends, and then… the server suggested dessert. “You have to try our S’mores Pizza,” she told us, “it’s the best thing ever!” And who am I to argue with an endorsement like that? So, we ordered the S’mores Pizza… and then proceeded to eat the WHOLE thing. I immediately sent a text to Jonathan in all shouty capitals that said, “WE HAVE TO MAKE S’MORES PIZZA FOR THE SITE!!” Guys, just like that server told me, I’m going to tell you, this is the best thing ever! Watch the video below to see how I made it and then scroll down for the step by step recipe.
Start by rolling out your store bought pizza dough onto a greased pizza pan or cookie sheet. You can use a rolling pin (or just your fingers) to shape it into a circle, though a square pizza tastes just as good as a round one. Bake in the oven at the temperature recommended on the package. However, you’ll want to bake it 5-10 minutes less than the package recommends, so that you don’t burn it when you put it back in.
While the pizza dough bakes you’ll want to make the “sauce.” Mix together both kinds of cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla extract.
Remove s’mores pizza dough from the oven and allow to cool for ten minutes. Then apply your sauce over the top.
Next, add Nutella or chocolate sauce.
Top with marshmallows (the more the better in my opinion) and then put back in the oven to broil for ten minutes or until marshmallows are toasted. Be sure to keep an eye on your pizza while it broils as marshmallows can quickly go from toasted to burnt before you realize what’s happened.
- 1 refrigerated pizza dough
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1/2 cup mascarpone cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup nutella
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Roll out the pizza dough onto a large pizza pan. Bake until just beginning to brown on around the edges (slightly under than normal) about 15 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool down.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the ricotta, mascarpone, sugar, vanilla and salt until smooth. Spread this mixture onto the cooled pizza crust. Drizzle the top with nutella and then top with marshmallows. Return to oven under the broiler and cook until the marshmallows are toasted. You can also use a kitchen torch for this. Remove from oven and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs. Cut and serve!