With Mother’s Day around the corner we thought it would be a great idea to post a light and healthy brunch recipe. We also thought that it should be as cute as it is easy to make. Take those tea cups and saucers you have laying around (it doesn’t matter if they don’t match) and use them to serve the salad at your next brunch. This one here is easy to make. We took spring greens mix and tossed them with pecans, pear chunks, and feta cheese. And because they’re in tea cups, we made a delicious salad dressing that’s infused with mint tea!
We’re first going to make the dressing. So combine the two oils, vinegar, dijon, salt, pepper, shallots and loose leaf tea in a mason jar!
You can store the dressing in the fridge until ready to toss or toss it into a salad and serve right away.
Combine some of your favorite salad ingredients in a large bowl and toss together with some of your homemade dressing!
Serve the mint tea salad in cute mismatching tea cups and saucers for a great Mother’s Day presentation.
You can fill the cups with any type of salad you like. Green salad, macaroni or even potato salad. It’s a great way to showcase those teacups that are sitting in your cupboard.
- 1 bag mixed spring greens
- 1 red pear, chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup feta cheese
- 1/4 cup sunflower oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons shallots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon loose mint tea leaves
- pinch of salt
- pinch of black pepper
- To make the dressing, combine all of the ingredients in a mason jar and cover tightly with lid. Shake vigorously until well combined. Store in the fridge until ready to use.
- To make the salad, combine the lettuce, pecans, pear, and feta cheese with a bit of the salad dressing in a large bowl. Toss to fully coat. Serve immediately.