Last week we showed you how to make a brown sugar pineapple ham in your slow cooker. This week we’re showing how to turn those leftovers into this delicious cheesy Ham Breakfast Casserole! Adding eggs, cheese, and breakfast potatoes to your ham turns it into the perfect brunch dish or even a yummy dinner. Give it a try and let me know what you think!
Start by cooking the potatoes for a bit in a large skillet with two tablespoons of olive oil. Cook until warmed through and just beginning to brown. Season with salt and pepper.
Cut your hame into cubes and add it into the potatoes to cook.
Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with a bit of salt and pepper. You can whisk them with a splash of milk if you have some on hand, to make the eggs extra fluffy.
I’m used a 9×13-inch rectangle baking dish for this casserole. Feel free to use whatever cheese you like or have on hand though I’m a big fan of swiss or sharp cheddar.
Bake your Hame Breakfast Casserole in a preheated 375 degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and the center no longer wiggles when you shake the pan.
Allow the casserole to cool down for about 5 to 10 minutes before slicing and serving. This can be eaten warm or at room temperature.
If you don’t have any leftover ham, but still would like to make this recipe, you can keep things vegetarian by omitting it altogether. You can also just add cooked bacon or breakfast sausage to it as well!
- 1 bag frozen country style potatoes (diced potatoes with peppers and onions)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups diced leftover ham
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat with the olive oil. Add the frozen potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes. Season with 1 teaspoon salt and half a teaspoon black pepper. Stir in the ham and cook for a few minutes more. Remove from heat and spread out onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs with the remaining salt and pepper, in a large mixing bowl. Pour over the potatoes and ham and top with cheese. Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown on top and no longer wiggles in the center when shaken. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for about 5 to 10 minute. Garnish with chopped parsley before cutting and serving.