Valentine’s Day is just a few short days away. Are you ready? Just in case you’re still looking for the perfect gift/dessert that shows just how much you care, here at The Chic, we’ve got you covered with these Chocolate Dipped Strawberry Cupcakes! Rich chocolate cupcakes are loaded with strawberry frosting and then dipped in a chocolate ganache and drizzled with melted white chocolate. It has all of the flavors of chocolate dipped strawberries but so much better!
We’re taking a little help from the store by using boxed cake mix, and we think you should too. It’s super easy and it’ll save you lots of time!
Allow the cupcakes to cool down completely before frosting and dipping in chocolate.
Using a pastry bag or a large plastic food storage bag, pipe out the strawberry frosting (store bought is fine) onto each of the cooled cupcakes. Swirl the frosting on top of the cupcakes to create a mound.
Place the cupcakes in the freezer for about half an hour to allow them to set. It’ll make it easier when we go to dip them into the chocolate ganache. In the meantime, let’s make the ganache.
Dip the chilled cupcakes frosting side down into the chocolate ganache, making sure to coat all of the frosting as possible. Place on a baking sheet as you dip each one.
Melt white chocolate in the microwave, heating it through for about 10 seconds at a time until melted. Pour into a sandwich bag and snip off the very end. Drizzle white chocolate on top of the cupcakes.
Serve the cupcakes cold or at room temperature, but it’s best to keep them stored in the fridge so that they stay firm.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 containers strawberry frosting
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 1/2 cup white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line two 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, water and oil. Stir to evenly combine until lump-free. Divide among the prepared cupcake pans, filling each about 3/4 of the way up. Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick, inserted in the center, comes out clean. Remove from oven and allow to cool down completely.
- Pour the frosting into a pastry bag (fitted with a circle tip) or into a large food storage bag, cutting the end off, and pipe out frosting onto each cupcake. Place in the freezer for about half an hour to allow to set.
- Place the semi-sweet chocolate chips into a medium bowl and pour the hot cream over it. Allow to sit, untouched, for about 3 minutes and then stir until melted, and glossy. Dip the chilled cupcakes into the ganache. Drizzle with melted white chocolate. Store in fridge and serve cold or at room temperature.