Come on guys, who doesn’t love a breakfast burrito? It’s all your favorite breakfast components wrapped up in a warm tortilla? What’s not to love?? In my family this was a regular breakfast and I continue the tradition now with my own family. Watch the video below to see how we stock up for weeks at a time by making freezable breakfast burritos, then scroll down to see how to make your own batch! ~Rachel
The great thing about a breakfast burrito is that you can make it however you’d like to. I love scrambled eggs, cheese and bacon but you could do vegetarian, extra meat, several cheeses you name it. For this recipe we used frozen breakfast potatoes, bell peppers, cheese, eggs, sausage and bacon.
Start with by cooking your potatoes in a little oil or non-stick cooking spray.
Next I whisk together the eggs and add them to the cooking potatoes. Work them into a nice scramble over medium heat. Season the mixture well with salt and pepper.
Now it’s time to assemble! First make sure you warm your tortillas in a warm pan to make them more pliable. Next I assemble a stack of foil squares and work on each one to create a new burrito.
Fold up and wrap in foil and your freezable breakfast burritos are ready for the freezer… or to eat right then if you’re feeling hungry!
I like to make a big batch of different kinds and then I label the foil with Sharpie so we know what they are. Next I store them in the freezer and when we need a hearty breakfast in a hurry I remove it from the foil and zap it in the microwave for a minute or two!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bag frozen potatoes (country hash browns)
- 12 large eggs (whisked with a splash of milk)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 16 flour tortillas
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and allow to heat through. Throw in the potatoes and cook, stirring occasionally until browned. Add the eggs and cook until no longer runny. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat a small skillet over medium heat and sauté the bell peppers until soft.
- Warm the tortillas on the stove in a dry skillet until pliable. Fill each one with the potato and egg mixture and top with bacon, sausage, peppers and/or cheese. Roll into a tight burrito. Wrap in foil and allow to cool down.
- Store in the freezer and rewarm in the microwave (without the foil) or in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!