I’ve made quite a few dishes here at The Chic HQ, and they all get tested and eaten to make sure they’re up to standards. This recipe has the honor of being called Rachel’s favorite dish I’ve made. Slow-Cooker Vegetarian Chili is super easy to make! It’s the perfect healthy meal for any night of the week.
The best part of this recipe is that you just throw everything into your slow-cooker, cover it, and let it cook for hours, without any work from you! Isn’t that awesome?!
After it cooks for hours and hours, and the sweet potatoes are tender, you can serve it up in large bowls. Top it with your favorite chili toppings, like cheese, sour cream, and scallions!
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 (15oz) can kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (15oz) can black beans, rinsed
- 1 (14oz) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1 large sweet potato, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- cheese, for topping
- sour cream, for topping
- radishes, for topping
- Combine all of the ingredients (except for the toppings) in the bowl of a crock pot. Stir to completely combine and cover. Cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours.
- Serve with desired toppings. Enjoy!