If you’re anything like me, you always have frozen waffles laying around in the freezer. They’re the perfect quick breakfast when you’re rushing out the door in the morning. Well, here at The Chic we’re repurposing those frozen waffles and turning them into the ultimate savory grilled cheese!
Allow the waffles to thaw out in the fridge for a few hours before using. Then spread each waffle with a bit of grainy mustard.
Lay a slice (or two) of swiss cheese on one of the waffles, and a few slices of ham on the other.
Sandwich together and set to the side. Continue making sandwiches until you make as many as you want. The great thing about these is that you can whip up one or a dozen in no time at all!
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add some butter and allow it to melt. Cook two sandwiches at a time (or as many fit in the skillet without crowding it) until they are browned on both sides and the cheese has melted.
If you’re making a few of these, and are cooking them in batches, you can keep them warm in the oven while you cook the rest. Cut in half and enjoy!
- 8 frozen waffles, thawed
- 4 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 8 slices swiss cheese
- 16 slices thin-sliced ham
- 2 tablespoons butter or non-stick cooking spray
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat.
- To make sandwich, spread 1 tablespoon grainy mustard between two thawed waffles. Layer with two slices of cheese and four slices of ham. Sandwich together.
- Add butter or cooking spray to skillet, and lay in the sandwiches. Cook for a few minutes or until brown on each side and the cheese has melted. Cut and enjoy!