Pineapple Cinnamon Margaritas
August 29th, 2014
There’s nothing like a cold margarita on a hot summer’s day. Especially after a long day at work, on a Friday afternoon. Am I right? These Pineapple Cinnamon Margaritas are super easy to make and are the perfect summer cocktail. Pineapple juice mixed with tequila, orange liqueur, lime and a couple pinches of cinnamon, make them super yummy!
The first thing we’re going to do is get the glasses ready. For me, the best part to any margarita is the salt on the rim of the glass. It’s delicious. I wanted to mix things up with this margarita, so I decided to rim the glasses with sugar and cinnamon instead.
In order for the cinnamon sugar to stick to the glasses, you need to first dap the edges with a lime wedge. It acts like glue!
Dip the glasses, upside down, into the dish of cinnamon sugar, making sure the edges are fully coated.
Now it’s time to make the margaritas themselves. You can either blend the ingredients together in a blender or shake them in a cocktail shaker and pour it over ice. I’m shaking these.
A cool tip if you don’t have a cocktail shaker, is to shake it in a large mason jar with a lid!
In a mason jar or cocktail shaker, mix together the pineapple juice, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, cinnamon and agave nectar (for sweetness).
Shake with lots of ice and pour into the prepared glasses.
I like to garnish the margaritas with a slice of fresh pineapple, or you can do a wedge of lime if you prefer.
Serve the margaritas cold with a few snacks. Invite some friends over and relax by the pool or in the backyard. This cocktail happens to go great with tacos! Just giving you a hint there. Enjoy!
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 2 oz tequila
- 2 oz orange liqueur
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon agave nectar or simple syrup
- 2 pinches cinnamon
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- fresh pineapple slices for garnish
- In a small bowl, combine the granulated sugar and 2 teaspoons cinnamon. Run a lime wedge around the edge of two glasses. Dip the glasses upside down, into the cinnamon sugar. Fill with ice.
- To make the margaritas, combine the pineapple juice, tequila, orange liqueur, lime juice, agave syrup, cinnamon and ice, in a cocktail shaker or mason jar with a lid. Shake vigorously and pour into prepared glasses. Garnish with fresh pineapple or lime wedges. Enjoy!