We’re really reinventing breakfast over here at The Chic. We wanted to bring you a delicious breakfast on the go! These Breakfast Egg Rolls are filled with scrambled eggs, hash browns, cheese, and crispy bacon, but feel free to switch things up and fill them with your favorite breakfast items!
They’re delicious with maple syrup or a spicy ketchup for dipping. Use sriracha (or any hot sauce) to mix into ketchup!
To make the egg rolls, scramble up some eggs, crisp and cut bacon, brown a bit of frozen hash browns and get some cheese ready!
Bring the two edges over and then roll up the egg rolls as tight as you can without breaking the wrapper.
Repeat this until all the egg rolls are filled and rolled. You can place them on a baking sheet or platter.
Heat a pot over medium-high heat with about 3 inches of vegetable oil. Fry the egg rolls in batches, turning them halfway through until golden brown and crispy all around. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to catch the excess grease.
Serve them warm with maple syrup and spicy ketchup we mentioned earlier! They’re the perfect on-the-go breakfast food because you can eat them with one hand! Fill them with veggies and eggs, to keep them vegetarian! Enjoy!
- 6 eggs, scrambled
- 3 cups frozen hash browned, browned in a skillet
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and cut into pieces
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 12 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (Sriracha)
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- Cook the eggs in a skillet, and set aside to cool off. Brown the hash browns in another skillet and allow to cool. Crisp the bacon in the oven or in a skillet and cut into small pieces.
- To make egg rolls, fill each wrapper (along the center) with a bit of each of the filling ingredients. Brush the edges of the wrapper with a small amount of water to help it stick. Roll the egg rolls tightly and set aside until they're all folded.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat with about 3 inches of vegetable oil. Fry the egg rolls in batches, turning halfway through, until golden brown and crispy on both sides. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels to catch the excess oil. Serve warm.
- Mix together the ketchup and hot sauce and use as a dipping sauce or serve with maple syrup!