Rachel recently tried out this new potato salad recipe for her sister’s birthday and posted a photo of it on Facebook. She asked you all if you were interested in the recipe…and of course, we went crazy for it! So we decided to make a post to showcase the awesomeness that is Loaded Baked Potato Salad.
This salad has all the yummy ingredients we usually find in a loaded baked potato, which is what makes this summer side dish so irresistible.
You can definitely make this salad in advance. Wrap it tightly with plastic wrap, or transfer to an airtight container and keep in the fridge until ready to eat. I always find that potato salad gets better the longer it sits in the fridge!
If you’re looking for the best summer side dish to any BBQ or family gathering, look no further. Give this Loaded Baked Potato Salad a try. What are some of your favorite summer side dish recipes? Let us know by leaving a comment down below!
- 2 pounds baby red potatoes, quartered
- 8 slices bacon, cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil. Add a bit of salt and throw in the quartered potatoes. Cook until fork tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and allow to cool down completely.
- Heat a skillet over medium-high heat. Cook the bacon until crispy. Drain with a slotted spoon and transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Once the potatoes and bacon have cooled, mix everything together in a large bowl. Garnish with shredded cheese and sliced scallions if you'd like. Enjoy!
- Chic Tip: This is the perfect salad to make in advance and keep in the fridge. It gets better the longer it sits!