June 25th, 2014
Here at The Chic, we’re trying our very best to get you up to date with all of the classic cocktails out there (with a few new twists thrown in, of course). This time around it’s the Moscow Mule. Just three simple ingredients makes this cocktail the perfect summer beverage.
Fill up a couple of short cocktail cups with lots of ice. You can use crushed or cubed. Add a bit of ginger beer to each cup, about half way up. Then add the vodka and fresh squeeze of lime juice. Give it a stir.
Before you start drinking, don’t forget the garnish! Tip: You can also add a few mint leaves to the glasses, if you’d like. It’ll add a nice element of flavor to the Moscow Mule!
Ginger beer is a non-alcoholic beverage which you can find in most super markets these days. It gives the Moscow mules a nice kick, but if you can’t seem to find it anywhere, try adding ginger-ale instead. It won’t be as spicy, but it’ll get the job done. Go out and enjoy this summer cocktail.
What drinks would you like to see on The Chic Site? Let us know by leaving a comment below!
- 1 lime, cut in half
- 4 ounces vodka
- 8 to 12 ounces ginger beer (or ginger ale)
- fresh lime slices, for garnish
- cucumber slices, for garnish
- fresh mint leaves, for garnish (optional)
- lots of ice
- Fill two short glasses (Moscow Mules are normally served in copper mugs) with lots of ice. Divide the ginger beer and vodka between the two glasses. Squeeze half a lime in each glass and give it a gentle stir. Garnish with lime and cucumber slices and mint. Enjoy!