I’m currently obsessed with making cocktails. Fridays at 5 o’clock I get in the kitchen and start experimenting right away. My newest drink of choice is a spicy cocktail. This margarita is made with fresh strawberries and a few slices of jalapeño. It’s a nice kick and perfect on a hot summer day.
We’re first going to get the glasses ready for the cocktail, by running a lime wedge along the edge of and them turing it over into a little plate of salt.
The cocktail is actually really easy to make.
We can’t forget about the alcohol itself.
Strain the cocktail into the prepared glasses, filled with lots of ice. Then garnish with a small strawberry on the edge of the glass, and a jalapeño slice.
Next time you’re wanting a special drink for a Tex-Mex themed party or if you’re lounging out by the pool this summer, have a Strawberry Jalapeño Margarita or two. Enjoy!
- 1½ oz. tequila
- 1 oz. orange liqueur, such as Cointreau
- ½ oz. agave nectar, or simple syrup
- ¾ oz. fresh lime juice
- 3 strawberries, sliced
- 2 slices jalapeño
- coarse sea salt for glasses
- Muddle the sliced strawberries, jalapeño and lime juice in a cocktail shaker. Add the tequila, orange liqueur, and agave nectar. Add ice and shake for a few seconds to mix everything together and to get the drink cold.
- Run a lime wedge along the edge of the glass. Dip into a plate of salt to coat the edge. Add ice and strain the margarita into the glass. Garnish with a fresh strawberry and jalapeño slice. Enjoy!