I mean, are you guys peeing your pants about how good this Samoa pudding looks? Because I totally am!! We had so much delicious fun creating the Trefoil Peanut Butter Banana Pudding that I knew I needed to make a new Girl Scout cookie pudding this year too.
Behold, the Samoas Pudding Trifle!!! It’s as epic and delicious as it looks… I promise, you’re going to LOVE this one friends!
Let’s start by making the chocolate pudding. We’re using store-bought instant chocolate pudding mix. Make sure it’s instant pudding and not the stovetop version.
Mix the pudding with the milk until evenly combined. Cover with plastic and pop in the fridge and allow to chill for about 30 minutes.
We didn’t have a trifle dish on hand, so we just used a wide vase but a glass bowl will also work. Start by layering the chocolate pudding on the bottom and then a layer of cool whip, caramel drizzle, crushed Samoas cookies and a sprinkling of toasted coconut.
Repeat with another layer of chocolate pudding, cool whip, caramel, cookies and toasted coconut. Continue this until all of the ingredients are used and you’ve reached the top of you Samoas pudding.
Finish off with a few more crushed up Samoas cookies and placing a whole cookie in the center. So people know exactly what’s inside.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until ready to serve. It’s best if you let it sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour to allow all the layers to set.
Feel free to make this a day before and then keep it in the fridge until ready to serve. It makes for a great dessert to take to a dinner party or gathering. It makes so much, so it’s easy to feed a crowd with!
Want some other fun dessert ideas?
- 1 (3.9-ounce) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 (8-ounce) container cool whip, thawed
- 1/2 cup store-bought caramel sauce
- 2 (7.5-ounce) boxes Samoas cookies, crushed
- 1 1/2 cups shredded unsweetened coconut, toasted and cooled
- In a large bowl, whisk together the chocolate pudding mix and milk until evenly combined. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Spoon a third of the chocolate pudding onto the bottom of a trifle dish or wide deep vase. Top with a third of the cool whip, and drizzle with a few spoonfuls of caramel. Sprinkle a few handfuls of cookies on top and a few tablespoons of the toasted coconut. Repeat with another third of the chocolate pudding, cool whip, caramel, cookies, and coconut. Repeat another time until all of the ingredients are used up and you've reached the top of the dip. Finish off with the rest of the cookies on top. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until ready to serve. Will keep in fridge for up to 3 days.