When Simply Organic reached out about their #SpiceRight campaign and I saw that one of their new Spice Right Everyday blends was Peppercorn Ranch, I was like, sign me up! And, as per usual, I immediately started thinking of a hundred ways to turn this awesome blend into comfort food. But Simply Organic is, well, organic and they promote a healthy lifestyle, so I had to come up with a way to make comfort food as healthy as possible. Guys, we made Peppercorn Ranch Chicken that’s baked instead of fried and served with veggies and I promise this is your new favorite weeknight dinner. You have to try this recipe out!
Let’s start by roasting the cauliflower and broccoli. Line a baking sheet with foil and then combine the broccoli and cauliflower with 1 tablespoon olive oil and 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Peppercorn Ranch. Toss to evenly combine.
Roast veggies in a preheated 375-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until just beginning to char and crisp.
Meanwhile, toss the chicken strips in 1 tablespoon Simple Organic Peppercorn Ranch and set up a breading station: In one shallow dish, combine the flour and 1 teaspoon peppercorn ranch. In a separate shallow dish, whisk the eggs and milk together. Finally, pour the breadcrumbs into a third shallow dish.
Start by dipping the chicken pieces into the flour, then into the egg and lastly into the breadcrumbs. Place the coated chicken on a baking sheet lined with foil, and lightly greased with cooking spray.
Once all of the chicken pieces have been coated, either spray them lightly with cooking spray or drizzle with olive oil to ensure they get golden brown and crispy in the oven.
Bake in preheated 375-degree F oven for about 20 to 25 minutes, flipping over halfway. Remove from oven and let rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Serve the chicken and veggies with your favorite sauce.
Make sure to follow Simply Organic on social media (Instagram, Facebook and Twitter) to see more tips from me on how to use this new Spice Right Everyday Blend.
- 1 large broccoli crown, chopped
- 1 large cauliflower, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Spice Right Peppercorn Ranch
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon Simply Organic Spice Right Peppercorn Ranch, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 cups panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- For the veggies, toss together the cauliflower, broccoli, oil and Spice Right Peppercorn Ranch on a baking sheet until evenly coated. Roast for about 15 to 20 minutes or until charred and crispy.
- Meanwhile, season the chicken with 1 tablespoon Spice Right Peppercorn Ranch in a medium bow. Combine the flour and remaining 1 teaspoon peppercorn ranch in a shallow dish. In a separate dish, whisk together the eggs and milk. Pour the panko bread crumbs in a third shallow dish.
- To dredge the chicken, first run through the flour, then into the egg, and finally into the bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet lined with foil, that has been lightly greased with cooking spray. Drizzle the coated chicken with olive oil. Bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, turning over halfway. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
- Serve chicken with veggies and your choice of dipping sauce.