At this point you have to know how I feel about cheesy dip, right?
I mean, between my corn dip, my jalapeño popper dip, my bean and cheese dip— it’s kind of a thing. Basically, I’m just going to see how many ways I can reinvent hot cheese in a bowl guys. Next up? Broccoli Cheddar Dip! For any of y’all who love broccoli and cheddar cheese this is going to blow your socks right off.
We’re serving this dip with crostini, but you can eat it with chips or veggies if you want to go the healthy route.
Cut the bread into thin slices and lay them out onto a baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil.
Bake in oven for about 10 to 15 minutes until light golden brown. Meanwhile, steam the broccoli for a few minutes in the microwave and sauté the onions for the dip in a large skillet.
Add the broccoli and sauté for about 10 minutes until soft and the onions are just beginning to caramelize. Note: If you like the broccoli to be chunky in the dip leave it in large chunks, but if you want smaller pieces, run your knife through it before adding to skillet.
In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo, shredded cheese, onions and broccoli until creamy.
Season with garlic salt and pepper and transfer the dip into a small baking dish and sprinkle the top with even more cheese.
Bake your broccoli cheddar dip in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 20 to 25 minutes or until heated through and bubbly. Remove from oven and allow to cool down slightly (just so you don’t burn your mouth off).
Serve the dip immediately with your favorite dippers. It’s the perfect party dip that we can pass off as healthy because of all the broccoli in it. The fact that it’s completely covered in cheese and mayo and cream cheese, well, no one has to know about that.
- 1 large French baguette, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large broccoli crown, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup mayo
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the bread slices on a baking sheet in a single layer. Drizzle with tablespoons olive oil and bake for about 10 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place the broccoli in a bowl with a splash of water and cover with plastic wrap. Make a few slits and cook in the microwave for about 10 minutes just to soften it up. Drain and set aside.
- Set a large saucepan over medium-high heat with the remaining tablespoon olive oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in the broccoli and cook for another 5 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayo, broccoli and onions, half of the shredded cheese, and season with garlic salt and black pepper. Transfer to a shallow baking dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake until heated through and bubbly, about 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with bread, chips or veggies.