We’re all big fans of lasagna here at Chic HQ, but all bets are off whenever we talk about Mexican Lasagna. There’s so much love for tortillas layered with chicken, cheese, black beans and corn. What makes it even better is the fact that it’s super easy to make, and takes no effort at all. We can grab all of the ingredients from the pantry and have dinner on the table in half an hour!
The first thing we want to do is cook the chicken with the onions, garlic and taco seasoning for a few minutes. We took a little help from the store and grabbed rotisserie chicken that we diced!
Add the corn and drained black beans and cook until warmed through.
You can use enchilada sauce if you want or have that on hand, but we’re using just some jarred salsa! I like the added veggie and texture from the salsa.
We’re going to layer everything together in a large lasagna or casserole dish. Start with a layer of the saucy chicken and then add a layer of tortillas. Sprinkle with cheese and repeat until you reach the top.
Finish things off with a final layer of corn tortillas and a sprinkling of cheese. Don’t skimp on the cheese on top, that’s the best part!
Bake for about 25 minutes until warmed through and the cheese on top has melted and browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving!
Cut and serve the lasagna with a side salad or a side of rice and beans if you really want to be festive. Leftovers can be well wrapped and eaten the next day for an awesome lunch.
Next time you’re looking for a quick and easy meal that takes no time at all, make this Mexican Lasagna. You won’t be disappointed. You can swap out the veggies or omit the chicken for a vegetarian take!
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 packet taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (15.5 oz) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large jar salsa
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- 16 to 20 corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place a large saucepan over medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Sauté the chicken, onions, garlic and seasoning mix for a few minutes until just beginning to caramelize, about 5 to 8 minutes. Add the corn and black beans and cook for a minute or two more. Stir in the salsa and lower the heat to low. Simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Spoon a bit of the sauce into a 9x13 baking dish. Layer with tortillas (you might have to cut them in half to fit them into the dish) and sprinkle with cheese. Repeat until you've finished the sauce and tortillas. Top with a final layer of corn tortillas and a sprinkling of cheese.
- Bake for about 25 minutes until warmed through and the cheese on top has melted and begun to brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before cutting and serving.