April 10th, 2015
Sometimes we all need as much help as we can get to have dinner on the table after a long day at work. The last thing we want to do is spend the entire evening in the kitchen slaving away. Our Baked Ravioli is the answer to your cries. Just because we’re taking a little help from the store doesn’t mean we’re going to give up on flavor. This easy to make dinner is delicious!
We begin by cooking the ravioli in boiling water, according to package instructions. They can go straight from the freezer without thawing!
Make sure to cook the ravioli slightly under so that you ensure they don’t over cook. They’ll get more cooking time in the oven as it bakes. Keep that in mind. Drain the ravioli and return to pot, so you don’t dirty a bowl, and toss with marinara sauce.
Arrange half of the ravioli on the bottom of a 9×13-inch baking sheet into a single layer. Then top with half of the cheese slices and sprinkle with half of the bread crumbs and a few basil leaves.
Top with the remaining ravioli, again, spreading it out into a single layer and arrange the remaining mozzarella slices on top.
Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. You can place the pasta under the broiler for a few seconds to brown the top.
Serve the ravioli for dinner with a quick side salad so you don’t have to worry too much about it.
- 2 bags frozen ravioli
- 1 (24 oz) jar marinara sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 (16oz) fresh mozzarella log, thinly sliced
- fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with the olive oil and set aside.
- Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil and season with salt. Add the ravioli and cook according to package directions, removing it a few minutes earlier since it'll continue to cook in the oven. Drain and return to pot. Toss the ravioli with marinara and pour half of it into the prepared dish. Spread out into an even layer. Sprinkle with half of the bread crumbs and top with half of the cheese slices. Tear a few basil leaves and sprinkle on top. Place the remaining ravioli on top, spreading it out into an even layer and top with remaining bread crumbs and cheese slices.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. You can place it under the broiler for a few seconds to brown the top. Remove from oven and garnish a few basil leaves before serving.