It’s pizza… but in pasta form! It’s a BBQ Pizza Pasta Bake and it’s darn delicious! Basically we just took all our favorite flavors from a BBQ Chicken Pizza and turned them into this to-do-for pasta dinner. Chicken, barbecue sauce, red onions, ricotta and mozzarella cheese all team up to make the yummiest dinner ever! Watch the video for the steps and then scroll down to see the full recipe. ~Rachel
Start by pulling all the meat off the chicken… I suppose you could roast this chicken yourself but I just used a rotisserie from the store! Now you’ll need to boil your pasta to al dente (that means just a little bit tough) then drain and set to the side. Since you’ll be mixing it with sauce and baking it you don’t want it to be too soggy.
Now, for the most important part of the BBQ Pizza Pasta Bake… the sauce! Add in your ricotta, and your barbecue sauce!
Then add in the onions, chicken and salt and pepper.
Now mix it all together and you’re ready to put it in your casserole dish and top with mozzarella cheese!
Bake at 375 for about 20 minutes or until top is golden brown and bubbly! Enjoy!!
- 1 pound pasta (short cut noodle)
- 4 baked chicken breasts (from the grocery store)
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepepr
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup scallions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil, season liberally with salt and drop in the pasta. Cook until almost done, not all the way, since it's going to continue to cook in the oven. Drain and return to pot.
- Combine the pasta with the ricotta, BBQ sauce, red onion, salt, pepper, and half of the mozzarella. Transfer to a 9x13 inch baking dish and top with the remaining cheese and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Top with scallions and serve immediately.