Chicken pot pie is one of those classic winter comfort foods that we all can’t get enough of. Here at The Chic we’re suckers for a good slow-cooker recipe, like this Slow-Cooker Jalapeño Creamed Corn or this delicious Slow-Cooker White Bean, Sausage and Kale Soup. So we wanted to bring you something new with all of the flavors of one of our favorite dishes. Slow-Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup is super easy to make and it’s comfort food at it’s finest.
The first thing you need to do is sauté the chicken in a skillet until golden brown and crispy all around, or if you don’t have time for that, you can just use a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. Shred it into pieces and then combine it along with the rest of the ingredients in the bowl of a slow-cooker.
Right before serving, you can bake off the biscuits. We just used Pillsbury Grands which bake off super flaky and soft and get an awesome browned color all around. The best part is that we didn’t have to do any extra work!
Serve the soup in big bowls and top with a flaky biscuit on top. It saves you from having to make biscuits at home with all that measuring, rolling out, and cutting and then baking. No one has that kind of time. So take some help from the store and get this meal on the table without any extra stress.
The best thing about this slow-cooker chicken pot pie soup is that you can throw all the ingredients together into a slow-cooker and just forget about it. Set it on low and go to work, then when you come home, you’ll have dinner ready!
Fight the winter cold with this comforting soup made easy!
- 2 pounds chicken breast, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 celery stalks, diced
- 1 bag frozen carrots and peas
- 1/2 pound yukon gold potatoes, diced
- 2 fresh thyme sprigs
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands biscuits, baked until golden brown
- Brown the chicken in a skillet, set over medium-high heat, on the stovetop. Season with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper. Transfer to bowl of slow-cooker.
- Combine with remaining ingredients (excepts biscuits). Cook on low for 4 to 6 hours or on high for 2 to 3 hours. Serve in large bowls and top with biscuit.