We’re all about recipe mash-ups here at The Chic, and we’re super excited about this one in particular. It’s pumpkin pie mashed with pecan pie mashed with cinnamon rolls. Let’s not even think about it, let’s just make them!
The first step is getting the brown sugar pecan layer started.
Spread this butter and brown sugar mixture, in an even layer, on the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle the top with the chopped pecans.
Set this off to the side, and let’s turn our attention to the cinnamon rolls themselves. Make the pumpkin spice filling.
To make things a lot easier, I just bought pizza dough in a can from the refrigerator section of the grocery store, the pop out kind, and rolled it out into a thin rectangle. I used two cans to make 12 cinnamon rolls. So roll one can out at a time, spreading half of the pumpkin filling on each half. Then roll it into a tight log, lengthwise. Cut each half into 6 rolls so you end up with 12 cinnamon rolls in total.
Place the cut cinnamon rolls directly on top of the pecan and butter and brown sugar mixture. Space them evenly apart so they have room to grow when baking!
Bake the pumpkin pecan pie cinnamon rolls in a preheated 350 degree F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown all around!
Immediately and oh so carefully invert the rolls so that the pecan sugar topping is on top.
Allow to cool slightly before serving. Leftovers can be stored well-wrapped in the fridge and rewarmed before serving!
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Pillsbury cans pizza dough
- 3/4 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the melted butter and brown sugar. Mix until evenly combined. Spread the mixture evenly, on the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking pan. Sprinkle with chopped pecans in a single layer. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, and brown sugar. Working with one pizza dough at a time, roll out into a large rectangle. Spread with half of the pumpkin filling. Roll tightly into a log, length wise, and cut into 6 even rolls. Repeat with second dough and remaining pumpkin filling. Place the 12 rolls directly on top of the pecans and brown sugar mixture. Space them out evenly to allow room for growing during baking.
- Bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown all around. Remove from oven and carefully, invert the pan immediately onto a separate baking dish or platter. Allow to cool slightly before serving. Enjoy!