Its time for another installment of our series, Chic 3 Dollar Dinners (that’s 3 dollars per person, for a family of four!) This time around, we’re bringing you this healthier vegetarian pizza recipe, Arugula Salad Pizza. It’s not only easy to make, but you can feel good about your family eating it, too!
The greatest thing about this recipe, is that it uses store bought pizza dough! It’s a great way to cut the time in half. No one has time to be making pizza dough from scratch, especially during the week. Use that store bought convenience to your advantage.
Sometimes, I’m not a big fan of heavy pizzas with lots of sauce. When those moments arise, I just drizzle the dough with olive oil, season it and sprinkle on the cheese!
While the pizza bakes, toss together the salad and get it ready for topping the pizza as soon as it comes out of the oven.
Toss the arugula in a large bowl with the sliced cherry tomatoes, salt, pepper and olive oil. If you like, you can also toss it with a bit of vinegar to create a quick and easy salad dressing…or toss it with whatever salad dressing you have in the fridge.
As soon as the pizza comes out of the oven, top it with the salad. The heat from the pie will begin to wilt down the greens and make it perfectly delicious!
You can make whatever kind of salad you prefer, if you’re not feeling the arugula and tomatoes. Or add any other toppings to the pizza itself, before adding the salad. This recipe can be adapted a million different ways.
Don’t forget to browse the rest of our Chic 3 Dollar Dinners on our site!
- 1 prepared pizza dough
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 cups arugula
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper, drizzle with bit of oil and set aside.
- Roll out the dough into a thin round (to fit a round pizza pan) or a rectangle to fit a baking sheet. Place the rolled dough onto the prepared pan. Drizzle the dough with 2 tablespoons olive oil and season with a pinch of salt and black pepper. Top with mozzarella and parmesan and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly.
- In a large bowl combine the arugula, tomatoes, remaining oil, vinegar and toss with salt and pepper to combine. Add the salad to the top of the baked pizza.
- Top with a bit more parmesan and cut and enjoy!