We’re always on the run, never having enough time to make a meal for our families. Let’s not even talk about the fact that going to the grocery store can be pretty pricey. Our Chic $3 Dinners are meant to make feeding your family tastier and less expensive! This shrimp pesto arugula pasta is not only delicious, but it’s easy to make. With only a handful of ingredients, you’ll have it on the table in half an hour or less!
We start by bringing a large pot of cold water a boil. Season it with salt and cook the linguine noodles according to the package directions.
While those cook, you can go ahead and get the shrimp cooking. If you happen to have garlic on hand already, give a few cloves a mince and add them to hot skillet with a drizzle of olive oil. Stir in the shrimp and cook until pink and no longer grayish opaque, about 5 to 7 minutes.
Transfer the shrimp and garlic from the skillet to a plate or platter and set aside. Add a drizzle of olive oil and throw in the arugula, a handful at a time, and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes.
Season with a bit of salt and pepper and add back in the shrimp. Stir in the store bought pesto sauce.
Toss the shrimp pesto arugula sauce with the cooked, drained, linguine noodles. Cook on low for a few minutes to rewarm everything through.
Serve right away with a salad on the side or a piece of crusty bread for a full balanced meal.
Give this 3 dollar dinner a try this week and watch your family jump for joy, because it’s super awesome tasting. Even the pickiest eater will love it! It’s a great way to stretch a buck!
- 1 pound linguine noodles
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves (optional)
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar store bought pesto
- Bring a large pot of cold water to a boil. Once boiled, season with salt and add in the linguine. Cook according to package directions, until tender. Drain and set off to the side.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add in 1 tablespoon olive oil and minced garlic, if using. Add the shrimp and cook, stirring often, until the shrimp is pink and no longer opaque, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Transfer the shrimp to a plate and set aside. Return skillet to heat and add remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil. Add in the arugula, a handful at a time, and cook until wilted, about 5 minutes. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Add back in the shrimp and stir in the pesto sauce. Cook for a few minutes to warm through. Taste and adjust seasoning accordingly.
- Toss the shrimp and pesto with the cooked linguine noodles and cook for a few minutes to heat through. Serve and enjoy!