Homemade Body Spray

sea salt body spritzer

There are so many benefits to making beauty products at home. Not only are they healthy for your skin, it’s less expensive and most of the time you already have all the ingredients stocked in your pantry or fridge! This time we are making a sea salt body spray with my favorite essential oil. When testing this homemade body spray I tried several essential oils, so you can substitute for your favorite,  just be sure to choose one that is made for topical use so it won’t irritate your skin. You can use this homemade body spray anytime you need a little pick me up and it’s perfect for after the gym. The sea salt is rich in essential minerals and helps refresh and nourish your skin. ~Brandee

beauty sea salt spray

What You’ll Need:

3 teaspoons Himalayan Salt

2 teaspoons vodka

5 to 7 drops of vanilla essential oil

Water

beauty body spray homemade

37 Responses to “Homemade Body Spray”

1. Hayley G

This looks amazing! I’m a little confused with the ingredients though… it looks like there is more liquid in the bottle than what is called for. Is that just a bigger recipe??

2. Meagan

Hi Brandee,

I am just curious because I have seen a lot of body sprays with essential oils and witch hazel. What made you decide to add the Himalayan salt? Thanks!

• Brandee James

Hi Meagan, I have seen a lot with witch hazel too, so I wanted to try something different. Witch hazel also has a pretty distinct smell that I didn’t want for this spray. Sea salt has wonderful benefits for your skin. Have you tried making this spray yet?

3. chantal

How big is the bottle? And is the rest of mixture water? How to you prevent bacteria from growing? Thank you!

4. Tracy

How do you make the spray to last longer than two weeks. Also can you use distilled water

5. Joy

Can you tell me where you get the vanilla essential oil from? I have not come across that one yet. Thanks.

6. rom

Tried it..loved it…except…some of the salt disemtegrated and clogged the spryer….works good as a body splash.

7. Maya Gangadharan

I love this! I am going to try it with lavender and geranium. This will be great for when I want to go out after a show and want to freshen up a bit.

8. Katie

Can’t wait to make this. And I love the bottle! Where did you get it?

9. Stephanie

I’m in LOVE with Grapefruit Essential Oil. Was wondering what your thoughts were on using it?

10. Jenn

Hi, thanks for this great recipe, I can’t wait to try it out! I was wondering if you could use an extract (i.e.: vanilla, peppermint, almond, etc) in place of the vodka or witch hazel. As I don’t have either but have many flavored extracts that contain alcohol. Thanks !!

11. Joanne

If using witch hazel does it have to contain alcohol or can it be alcohol free?

×