We’ve taken all the ingredients from your favorite cheesy appetizer, and have turned it into a yummy dip. This week’s Friday grilling recipe takes a creamy turn with this Grilled Jalapeño Popper Dip. It’s super easy to make!
The first step is to cut the jalapeños in half, lengthwise, and removing the seeds and ribs. Grill them for a few minutes on each side to slightly char and mark them.
Allow them to cool and then give them a chop. Mix them together with all of the ingredients, except the panko bread crumbs.
Pour the dip into an oven-safe baking dish. You can use an 8 or 9-inch baking square pan, a loaf pan, or a few ramekins. Sprinkle the tops with a bit more monterey jack cheese, because we can never have enough cheese, and the panko bread crumbs.
Tip: Panko bread crumbs are Japanese style bread crumbs and they happen to be crunchier. You can find them right next to the regular bread crumbs, at the grocery store. If you can’t find any, just use plain bread crumbs!
Bake in a preheated 375°F oven, for about 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown at the top. Do not over bake because the oil in the mayo will separate and create a puddle in the dip!
Enjoy the Grilled Jalapeño Popper Dip, warm out of the oven with fresh vegetables, crackers or tortilla chips. It’s a great dip for parties or gatherings, with just the right amount of heat from the grilled jalapeños. Enjoy!
- 12 fresh jalapeños, cut in half and seeded
- 2 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/2 cup cheddar, shredded
- 1/2 cup monterey jack, shredded
- couple dashes hot sauce (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup panko bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a stove top or outdoor grill over medium-high heat. Lightly grease with cooking spray. Grill the cut jalapeños until charred, about 2 minutes per side. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Give them a rough chop.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, mayo, cheddar, monterey jack, hot sauce, chopped grilled jalapeños and season with salt and pepper. Mix together until evenly combined.
- Pour the dip into an 8 or 9-inch baking dish. Square or round will work. You can also use medium ramekins. Top with the panko bread crumbs and bake for about 20 to 25 minutes, until bubbly and golden brown on top. Serve with veggies, crackers or chips. Enjoy!