Homemade Face Mist For Sensitive Skin

After making this Wild Orange Chamomile face mist for sensitive skin, the Chic HQ smelled like a dream. The bright notes of the citrus instantly brighten our mood and the lightly hydrating glycerin really soothed our skin. Try this homemade combination if you have normal to sensitive skin. The vegetable glycerin is an “easy on the skin” emollient and the chamomile is gentle and calming. Keep this face mist for sensitive skin on hand for a quick pick me up. Also a great hair and room refresher! ~Brandee

DIY Face Mist for Sensitive Skin-TheChic

Face Mist For Sensitive Skin Ingredients

1 Chamomile tea bag

3 drops of wild orange essential oil

2 drops of vegetable glycerin

water

spritz bottle

Face Mist Ingredients -TheChic

Homemade Face Mist For Sensitive Skin Recipe

Boil water and steep tea bag in water for 10 minutes

Fill half of a small spray bottle with tea and let it cool

Add water to fill the bottle

Drop in essential oil and glycerin

Shake and spray!

Keep fresh and cool by storing in refrigerator

22 Responses to “Homemade Face Mist For Sensitive Skin”

1. Judy

Brandee,
    Thank you so much for this article. I cannot wait to try it. I love your posts.
    Judy M.

2. Christine

I have been wanting some sort of natural fragrance that I can use in the afternoon because after working and walking around the city, my skin and hair smells like …. the city! I will definitely try this. Thank you for the recipe!

3. Brandee James

Hi Christine! You’re welcome! I know exactly what you’re talking about. And if you want it to act as a “stronger” refresher, just add a few more drops of essential oil to the spray.

4. Christine

Hi Brandee 🙂 I just wanted to follow up and let you know that I tried this formula with essential oils of lemon and spearmint and I LOVE it. It’s so uplifting. Thank you for all of your diy tips!

5. ALexandria

going to try with coconut and lime 🙂 thanks so much for the inspiration

• Brandee James

Hi Alexandria! That sounds like a good combo. Fresh lime and coconut would be sticky, but the essential oils would be a yummy mix. Let me know how it turns out!

6. millie

Hi, I was wondering… I have glycerin that I use for baking can I use that for this recipe? I have really sensitive skin and to add to that my skin is dry, I always get red ichy skin.

• Brandee James

Hi Millie, This recipe is great for sensitive skin and the vegetable glycerin is light, but hydrating. I would recommend vegetable glycerin as it is from plants oils while the other glycerin is not…which may contribute to a reaction. I have sensitive skin too so I take precautions. 🙂

• Brandee James

Hi Margaret, It doesn’t have to be kept in the fridge, it’s just extra refreshing when chilled. You could make for friends and suggest they keep it there after. 🙂 Enjoy!

7. Kylie

Any suggestions for substituting glycerine? Could I exchange it for vitamin E oil or maybe sweet almond or apricot possibly? Just because that’s what I have at home

• Brandee James

Hi Kylie, You can substitute the glycerine but it will be kind of oily. The vegetable glycerine is easily absorbed into the skin without leaving a greasy residue, which is key for sensitive skin. Technically you can, but the best option would be glycerine. 🙂

8. Daphne

Cab I replace the wild orange essential oil with say rose or lavendar essential oil? Could you advise where can I buy good and value for money essential oil online?

• Rachel Hollis

Hi Daphne,
      You can definitely change out the scent of the essential oil to something you’d prefer. As to wear to purchase online, I’m sorry I’m not totally sure.

9. Jan

I have an extremely sensitive skin and I really want to try face mist. I love this recipe! I just feel like tea will calm my skin in this weather. My skin is very dry right now and I need something to moisturise my skin. Never knew glycerin can keep our skin hydrated, learnt something new today. This recipe is very simple, I’ll surely try this out! Thank you for the tips.

×